As a consumer, when you pay for a product or service, be it online or in a shop, in your home country or elsewhere in the EU, you have rights. Many Europeans are unaware of some of their most basic consumer rights. EU law guarantees you fair treatment, proper information and the possibility to claim your rights, if anything goes wrong.
• Have defective goods repaired or replaced for free
• Find support in your home country for problems with traders abroad
• Send online purchases back within two weeks
• Get the full story on whatever you buy
• Get your money back through the European Small Claims Procedure
- Chargeback: A solution to get your money back